Ytz music
Jpop music, life, download

Nana Mizuki: Dancing in the velvet moon

Category: , By ytz



Listen to the song here! (above)
*May take some time to load


Let's start with something recent. Nana Mizuki's new album, Starcamp EP, and the song that I really loved, "Dancing in the velvet moon". Before this song, I have never heard of Nana Mizuki. I heard this song at the ending song of the anime series "Rosario+Vampire".

The moment I heard the song, I really have this sudden urge to listen to the full song. I love the background music, like how the electric guitar, piano, vocal and orchestral mix together. I appreciate songs that mixes classical and modern instrument together. One instrument worth mentioning is the used of harpsichord, an ancient type of piano used during the Baroque period of music. Its distinct and sharp sound really goes well with this song, giving the song an overall Gothic and yet elegant feel. It certainly have plenty of momentum and the 'feel good' mood.

Also worth mentioning is the transition part just before the final chorus (3mins+), where Nana sang in a sweet and innocent voice (almost till the point of errire...). A very refreshing transition part which reinforces the whole gothic+elegant feel.

Definitely a song to me.


Download this song here!

Watch the ending of Rosario+Vampire here!
 

1 comment so far.

  1. Cinnamon February 16, 2008 at 6:06 AM
    hehe~ nice song... i only like it from the 2.40min part onwards though.... :PP

Something to say?